Two blog posts in one week? I know what you are thinking… Amazing, right?! Not only is this my second blog post this week, but wait for it… it’s a vlog post! My very first video! Since my career is in social and digital media, I’ve always been behind the camera. Now, I’m in front of the camera, unscripted and unedited. I hope you enjoy it! If you like these vlogs and want to see more of them, comment below!
In this video, I talk about the five foods that I’ve found help me during chemo when my taste is off and everything tastes disgusting.
- Grilled chicken tossed salad: I’m not sure if it’s because chicken is pretty bland, but this tastes great. It’s a good way to get your veggies and protein. Some Italian or balsamic dressing also tastes good.
- Soups – chicken noodle soup: My boyfriend makes a delicious chicken noodle soup that has chicken, potatoes, carrots, celery and pasta. It’s perfect for when you want something nice and hot.
- Jell-O: I feel like the last time I had Jello-O was when I was a kid. I’m not sure if it’s the texture, but something about strawberry Jell-O tastes delicious!
- Smoothies: Smoothies are a great way to get your fruits. My favorite is a strawberry coconut smoothie. I make it with coconut Greek yogurt, frozen strawberries, chia seeds, ice and water. YUM!
- Ice cream: Who doesn’t love ice cream? When my taste stinks, I can always rely on delicious vanilla or chocolate ice cream. You can never have enough ice cream, right?
What foods have helped you? Comment below!