I’ve been getting a lot of questions through social media that have to do with beauty products. Ladies are wondering where I buy certain things so I thought this would make a good blog post. (Please note that I am not getting paid to mention any of these products/companies. I think the products and companies are absolutely amazing and they need some love!)
- Wig: So many people are saying to me, “Wow, Monique! You are going through chemo and you haven’t lost your hair. That’s amazing!” Joke is on them, right?! I’ve lost some of my hair, but not all of it. (I’ve been praying to the hair gods that I don’t lose my brows and lashes. They’ve made it this far. Pleaseeee stay in for two more rounds!) I’m so fortunate to have Sally (my wig’s name!) and I’m so happy that she looks just like my real hair. I got her at the Salon on 10 on Newbury Street in Boston. (I also talk about my wig in my hair post if you want to learn more.)
- Brow Filler: I haven’t lost all of my brows, but they have thinned a bit. I use Anastasia Dip Brow in light brown to fill them in. This stuff is amazing and looks so natural!
- Foundation: Chemo can make you look pale and lets be real, I already have fair skin! I use the L’Oreal True Match Lumi Cushion to give me some color. I bought mine from CVS and it gives you the right amount of coverage.
- Bronzer: To give me some color, I use a little bronzer on my cheeks and forehead to give me a sun-kissed glow. I don’t add a lot, but just enough so I don’t look so pale. I use the Bare Minerals warmth all over face color.
- Pretty Package: Do you just want to feel pretty or do you know someone who could use some encouragement while they are going through treatment? Request a “Pretty Package” from Fighting Pretty. The package contains words of encouragement, makeup, OPI nail polish, scarf, adorable itty bitty boxing gloves, and socks. Such an amazing idea!
- All-Natural Deodorant: I have been looking for an all natural deodorant FOREVER. I came across Violets are Blue from another lady’s blog and I’m in LOVE with their deodorant. It has no aluminum or harsh chemicals and it smells delicious! They also have a beauty line for women going through cancer treatment. How amazing is that?!
- The Lux Puff: Are you looking for a loofah that doesn’t hold bacteria? Then you need to try this loofah. It’s absolutely amazing! It gently exfoliates the skin.
- Chemo Beanies: Chemo Beanies has amazing head coverings that are already tied. You just slip them over your head and you don’t have to worry about them falling off. They are super comfortable and come in fun designs and patterns.
- Hope Scarves: They are an amazing company that I came across on social media. You can request a scarf of your color choice. They will send you a scarf as well as a note of encouragement. The scarf that they send you is from a previous fighter with their note of strength and courage. When you are done with the scarf, you write your own note and it will go on to the next fighter. I love the concept of this! I have a beautiful purple scarf and I will be donating it when I am done. Such an amazing company doing amazing things!
If you have any products to share or recommend, comment below!