As we get into the second week of the new year, I thought it would be a great opportunity to share my 2018 intentions with you. I think goals can be a bit tricky because we sometimes create high expectations for ourselves and we get upset when we don’t reach them. I feel like “intentions” is a nicer way to put it.
I intend to do these five things this year because it will make me a better person.
1. Make time for self-care. This can be anything from a massage, getting my nails done, reading or just relaxing and taking a bath. I never knew how important self-care was until I was diagnosed with breast cancer. It’s so important to take the time out of your busy life and focus on YOU! You absolutely deserve it.
2. Eating healthier five times a week. By having a cheat day twice a week, this will help me not feel guilty when I go out to dinner or crave something sweet. Everything in moderation. This is simply key to a healthy lifestyle.
3. Workout 4-5 times a week. This can be a barre or yoga class or walking my dog outside. Any opportunity that I can break a sweat makes me feel better both physically and emotionally. I love working out and I’m so happy that my body can get back into doing the things I love.
4. Be kind to myself, patient with my body and celebrate my strengths. It’s so easy to get wrapped in how we look in a certain outfit, but my body has gone through HELL and I need to more patient with myself. I think giving myself more credit is important. It’s hard to feel let down with weight I’ve gained from being in menopause. I need to think about the amazing things my body can do now (like being more flexible!) I will celebrate every single moment.
5. Travel more and learn something new! Did you honestly think I wouldn’t have traveling somewhere in my 2018 intentions? Of course, I want to visit more places and if an opportunity comes my way, I will not say no! I’ve always wanted to learn a few different things so I plan on either teaching myself or signing up for some classes. (More information to come! 😉 )
What are your intentions for 2018? Share them with me!